Clearpay - Invite a Friend
United Kingdom - Terms and Conditions
The Clearpay “Invite a Friend” program (“Program”) will be available from 12:00AM on 16 March 2022 GMT to 11:59PM on 31 December 2022 GMT.
- When you refer a friend or family member who is a New Customer (“Referred Customer”) to use the Clearpay service and that customer completes their first Clearpay purchase, you will receive a promotional code for £10 in referral credit to be used towards any eligible future Clearpay purchase of £50 or more. A New Customer is defined as a friend or family member of a current Clearpay customer who does not at the time of referral have an active Clearpay account and has not had an active Clearpay account within the past 12 calendar months. Clearpay reserves the right to exclude any customer from being considered to be a New Customer if they, for example, in the past had a Clearpay account and was not in good standing with that account as determined in Clearpay’s sole discretion.
- Any Referred Customer who signs up to use the Clearpay service directly from your referral will also receive a promotional code for £10 in referral credit to be used towards any eligible future Clearpay purchase of £50 or more. Referred Customer understands that by signing up to use the Clearpay service directly from a referral, Referred Customer consents and agrees to the disclosure of having created a Clearpay account and/or making a first Clearpay purchase to the person who referred the Referred Customer through this Program.
- Promotional codes / referral credit from this Program will expire after 90 days of being issued to you or the Referred Customer (as applicable) and are one time use only.
- Both you and the Referred Customer will be eligible for promotional codes providing referral credit under the Program if the Referred Customer signs up to use the Clearpay service directly by clicking your unique Program link.
- Any promotional code / referral credit earned from this Program will be applied to the total original purchase value as displayed by the retailer (including tax and shipping costs) to reduce the value of the four payments equally for you or the Referred Customer (as applicable).
- Where a promotional code is used on a Clearpay purchase that is subsequently returned or refunded by you or the Referred Customer (as applicable), Clearpay reserves the right to recover the value of the promotional code used.
- If any products have been purchased using referral credit are returned, the maximum amount you or the Referred Customer (as applicable) will be refunded is the amount paid for the product, subject to any applicable refund policies.
- Any referral credit is not transferable and not redeemable for cash or any other credit and may not be resold or applied to any previously placed orders.
- Any referral credit may not be used in conjunction with any other Clearpay promotion.
- After you have used the £10 in promotional credit / referral credit from referring the Referred Customer, there will be no more rewards for subsequent Clearpay purchases.
- You may refer up to 5 unique Referred Customers throughout the duration of the Program for a maximum total of £50 in total referral credit, provided that such referrals are made only to your direct friends, acquaintances or family and any unique Program link is not published by you in any public place, whether online or otherwise, which could reasonably be seen by any person who is not your direct friend, acquaintance or family in Clearpay’s sole discretion. Any referrals must also comply with these Program terms and Referred Customers must be eligible for the Program at all times.
- Referral credit is not cumulative and each instance of referral credit may only be used once towards a purchase. Multiple referral credit vouchers may not be used for a single purchase.
- You and the Referred Customer may be from the same household, provided always that the Referred Customer is not an existing Clearpay customer.
- For the avoidance of doubt, you may not refer yourself to also be the Referred Customer (e.g. by using separate email addresses for the Clearpay accounts).
- All Referred Customers must sign up with a Clearpay account and reside in the same country as the Clearpay account and country in which you reside.
- Clearpay reserves the right to validate the eligibility of any Referred Customer with respect to whether they are a New Customer or as otherwise deemed necessary and may determine any Referred Customer to be ineligible in its sole discretion.
- Referral credit will be available for Clearpay purchases made by you or the Referred Customer (as applicable) online and will not apply or be available to any in-store purchases or cross border transactions using the Clearpay service.
- Clearpay reserves the right to modify or cancel the Program and the Program terms and conditions at any time without prior notice to you.